Thursday, June 25, 2009

one to go

Sorry for the break since my last post! Round #4 was particularly rough on the nausea front and once I got back on my feet I was spending time with Dad as he was hospitalized the day before my fourth treatment and remains in hospital. We are hoping he will be coming home soon under the watch of palliative care. I had my fifth treatment on Tuesday this week and it is going much better than the last two. I am actually on Bonamine for sea sickness and it seems to be working! It was an idea that my doctor had and so I am being a bit of a guinea pig. I can't believe I only have one more chemo treatment to go. I remember the nurse saying it would go by fast and it certainly has. My last treatment is on July 14th and then they are giving me a break to recover a bit before radiation begins on August 31st. It will be nice for the whole family and hopefully we will have some good weather!

3 comments:

  1. You are doing so well, Kat, and I am humbled by your determination and wit. Love you. xo
    ONE TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you Kathleen.
    You will be back to "Normal Life"before you know it.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing so great. You are an amazing inspiration...and you make the BEST cheesball. Sorry I had to throw that in.
    Hope your dad is as comfortable as possible. Take care.

    ReplyDelete