Thursday, May 28, 2009

change in plans

I had my pre chemo appointment with Dr. Rayson today and he has recommended that I keep going with the drug treatment I am currently on instead of changing to a newer treatment for doses 4, 5 and 6 like he originally planned. The steroids I take with the chemo have been giving me heart palpitations and with the new drug I would have to take six times the dose I am on now and he is concerned about what will happen to my heart. I am disappointed as the new drug can reduce the risk of the cancer coming back by an additional 4%, and I'll take every percent I can get, but I plan on living a long time and need my heart, so it is what it is.

Anywho, I turned 37 last weekend and Dave took me to Hamachi Steakhouse for dinner, the one where they cook the food in front of you. It was so much fun and the food was delicious. I had to watch out for Dolly though because she melts in high heat so when the flames were flaring I was leaning back to keep her safe. Gotta protect Dolly!

2 comments:

  1. I was present with "Dolly" et al at the birthday dinner and I must say it was a highly entertaining evening!! It was so great to be there to celebrate with Kat, Dave and friends. Kat looked amazing as usual and it was wonderful to see her enjoying herself and celebrating life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dolly looks amazing but so do you! Sat night was a blast! I cannot believe what troopers you and Dave are; staying until the wee hours.

    ReplyDelete