Sunday, April 26, 2009

a third is a big fraction

I had my second treatment this week (which Sue Bulmer pointed out is a third of the way through my chemos) and it went much better than the first, with less nausea and heart palpitations. I have battled an ongoing queasy feeling so just chilled for the week, but overall a big improvement - it is still chemo after all. Another patient of my doctor coined the phrase "quesea" which I think is a very accurate description!! So with another full week almost behind me I am looking forward to some good days ahead. My girlfriend Trina, who lives in Ohio, is coming to town this week and she's all mine! I can't wait to see her!!

Last night was actually a big night for me...I went to a party at Suzanne's for her birthday. I slept three hours in the afternoon so I could give it my all and it was my first big night with the wig. It was a big hit! In fact, a couple friends actually said that they like the wig hair better than my actual hair!?! I was kind of attached to my hair so I would rather just have it back, but I’ll take the compliments :-).

6 comments:

  1. let's see the wig! is it hot pink? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to take a picture! I went boring and got one that looks like me...apparantly only better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ever amazed at the strength and courage of Kathleen. So many people saying how great you look only reminds you of what you're going through. Kat you were a champion among champions Saturday night and yes you did look great --- but when dontcha?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I borrow that wig when your done:)

    ReplyDelete